Saturday 5 September 2015

Week 15 before launch - Fitting the keel

 

24.08.-30.08.15

Fitting the keel 


This week while I was still in Austria my collegues finished the keel.


Drilling the holes for the keelbolts


The holes for the bronzebolts were drilled and
the keel was glued on.








 





Darren is filletting the rabettline at the bow



Darren filleted the rabbetline with thickened epoxy and cleaned it up.

Fitted Deadwood at the stern















As mentioned some weeks before, I wanted to leave the sheerblank bright finished. Therefore I has bought special radialcut Sapele-veneered plywood.  But as we didn't get the scarfs as perfect I wanted them to be, I decided to put some Kaya-veneers onto the sheerplanks to make it look better.  On Tuesday and Friday my friends 'cold moulded' the Kaya-veneer onto the existing sheerplank to get her even prettier as she already is. 


The Kaya-veneers on the sheer-plank

I got back to Lyme on Saturday and was happy, that my friends had given me a hand while I was off although it has been a horrible job, as I was informed later.