Sunday 2 August 2015

Week 19 before launch - Oar- and sparmaking & the 6th planks on "My Way"

 

27.07.-02.08.15

Oar- and sparmaking-week & the 6th planks on "My Way"

 This week there was the oar- and smarmaking on the school-schedule. 
 
As I decided to need no oar for "MyWay" I made one for my collegue Ant. I finished on Wednesday and decided to use the time left to produce a nice paddle for myself. 

Ant's oar is getting shape















 

I started to shape the paddle, but ran out of time and couldn't finish it. The finished one will be shown later.  Here a view pictures from the beginning.

First I glued a piece of mahogany as stringer between to parts of spruce.



Then I drew the shape on the raw piece of wood and cut it out.

..... will be continued...














 

In the evening hours I continued working on "MyWay". To get back to schedule I worked very late every day and the result was that plank number 6 on both sides was glued on friday evening at 10 pm!



                                                                                              My ladies....